Wednesday, April 4, 2012

White Allen Chevrolet

Yesterday was a great day! It made me think back to the days of pulling my boat to tournaments with an old International Scout II.  I had to hold the wheel with both hands when I stopped because the brakes pulled so hard to the right. Every time I got a tank of gas, I had to pour in a quart of oil since the rear main seal leaked so bad and I didn't have the $300 to fix it!


The reason for my flashback to my late teens was the new 2012 Chevy Silverado 4X4 Truck I picked up from White Allen Chevrolet in Dayton, my new vehicle sponsor. Twenty-five years ago, I could never have dreamed of driving such a tow vehicle. Yeah, my job definitely has its perks these days.  I have sure logged a lot of miles since that old Scout II that I cussed so much in my early years, but looking back I probably wouldn't have changed a thing. It was part a of the growing up process...

2 comments:

  1. My grandpa had an old scout he let me drive thru the pasture as a kid. Good old days joe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...