Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Africa

Part of life is about firsts, and today is one tremendous one for me. I'm headed to Kimberly, South Africa to shoot an episode of Scent Lok's High Places. My biggest concern is not about getting stomped by a cape buffalo, but surviving the 15 plus hour flight from JFK to Johannesburg!



Even though I fly a lot, I have always had anxiety issues on flights longer than 4 hours. My longest time on a plane to date is about six hours. Though a lot of experienced overseas travelers have suggested sleeping pills or tranquilizers to get me through, I just can't go that route. It is mind over matter right? Gotta be mentally tough.... right? Well, we'll see. I'm sure I'll be just fine. I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog from camp, but if I'm able I'll keep you posted. Hopefully with some photos as well....



2 comments:

  1. One word joe drinks lol drink a few at the bar then on the plane and you will make it! Been there done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing for you to go to Africa . I don't know if I could fly for that many hours. I can't even sleep on night flights. Have a good trip and be safe .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...