Monday, June 6, 2011

Reeling Them In on Mullett Lake

Today, we shot an episode of Stihl's Reel in the Outdoors on Mullett Lake in Indian River, Michigan. I think the photo speaks for itself.

.

Six pound smallmouth


The fish were just coming in to spawn and it was clearwater sight fishing at its best! We had calm winds and sunny skies making it perfect conditions. I fished with Gerry Gosyinek of Great Lakes Bass  Fishing Guide Service. Our best five smallies would have weighed over 25 pounds! What is even more exciting is that we are scheduled to to shoot our second round of Ultimate Match Fishing here next month. It should be awesome!


Joe with Gerry Gostinek and a big Mullet Lake smallmouth.

Beginning Saturday, July 2nd, Stihl's Reel in the Outdoors moves to a new time slot at 1 PM on the Outdoor Channel.  Join me as I take you to some of the most famous bass fishing lakes in the world.  To celebrate the new episodes and time slot, we are sending lrichards002@centurytel.net a Stihl t-shirt.  lrichards002@centurytel.net, send your contact information and size shirt you'd like to JTPFishing@insightbb.com and I'll get that right out to you. 
Want your own Stihl shirt or hat?  Check the blog frequently to see if you are a winner!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN those are some nice smallies!!!

    Mike Teague

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe love those smallies, ill be up on lake Erie second week of August chasing those footballs! Nothing like them. We fish around Pelee island Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice smallie ! I have never caught one but would love to. My husband said they really fight. I love to throw a frog in the weeds and lily pads . Good fishing to you and stay safe on the waters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice smallie ! I have never caught one myself but my husband says they really fight. I love to fish Lilly pads and grass with a frog to see that top water strike! Be safe and keep plenty of water with you on the lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're on my favorite lake! I was up there about the same time catching a few big 'uns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. watched you guys and the film crew for 3 days. You were fishing my favorite spot by Mullett Creek in front of our cottage. You filmed my pregnant daughter and grandson. Is the outdoor channel on WOW. Cannot find it. Great job and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...