Monday, March 28, 2011

Fishing for a Giant Spot

Today was a long one for me. I packed up my gear and left my hotel room this morning at 7 AM, drove four hours to Calhoun, Georgia where I met my producer, Jim Kramer, and checked into another hotel room! I threw my bag in the room, changed into some warm clothes (it was 43 degrees and drilling rain) and headed on over to meet Louie Bartenfield on Carters Lake.


Our goal was to cash in on some of this little known lake's incredible spotted bass fishing for Stihls's Reel in the Outdoors. And cash in we did! In a little over 5 hours we caught 20 or so beautiful Coosa River Spots between 2 and 3 pounds. Tomorrow we plan to hit a different area of the Lake where Louie believes we could catch one of the 5 or 6 pound Spots he is famous for. Even after 11 days on the road and anxious to get home, I'm excited about the possibility at a true giant for our show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...