Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Banner Day!

Ohio turkey season opened yesterday! Every year, I try to take one day during the Ohio season to go out to Brown County to hunt with my good friend, Mike Hopkins. Most years, I miss opening day due to my fishing schedule but this year, I was in town so we took advantage of it! You can't imagine how much I look forward to that one day each year when I blow off my work responsibilities and just go chase birds with Mike.



Mike pretty much taught me how to hunt them and actually called in the first one I ever shot. In spite of the windy, cloudy conditions that made calling the birds tough, (would have been a great fishing day I bet), we had a banner day taking two big toms! My 24 pound 11 ounce gobbler was my largest to date. All in all a great day and some much needed R&R after last weeks frustrating tournament.

1 comment:

  1. Those are a couple of really nice toms - good job Joe! I remember getting my first turkey ever on opening day in Virginia - we had him for Easter dinner. Mmmm-mmm good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...