Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stihl Catching Them!

Man, oh man! I love it when a plan comes together! I will admit I was a little concerned when I hooked up my boat this morning at 5 AM in a pouring rain and the exterior temp gauge on my truck reading 38 degrees. The itinerary for the day was pretty simple:  pick up my camera man, Jim Kramer, and drive 3 hours over to Martinsville, IN to shoot an episode of Stihl's Reel in the Outdoors with my buddy, Nick Teeter of Ranger Nick's Guide Service. Nick had offered to take us out on a large lake in a rural housing development. 

Well, the rain did give way to partly cloudy skies by the time we got on the water but it stayed very cold with winds near 25 MPH. In spite of the cold front conditions and high winds, we absolutely crushed the bass. We used Nick's  homemade spinnerbaits and Lucky Craft Staysee 90's to boat 15 bass between 3 and 6 pounds! That is why I always say in fishing , "You won't know if you don't go!"





2 comments:

  1. GREAT PICS,NICK IS A GOOD GUY. I FISHED THIS LAKE ONCE WITH NICK.GREAT BASS FISHING !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh.....Disney World......You have to love these little secret spots around this country that produce MEGA bass. Thanks again Joe, had a great time sharing one of my secret lakes with you. Just imagine what it would be like if we had good weather and good conditions.....the word Phenomenal comes to mind!! Hope you had fun, next time I will show you the Big Bass!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...