Monday, April 4, 2011

Mileage

I'm always getting asked what it takes to make it as a pro bass angler.  Well there is one thing that it takes that seems always to get overlooked in that "how-to" manual and that's driving:  lots and lots of driving! It really came to mind for me last month when I left my house in Cincinnati at 4 AM with boat in tow in a downpour headed for Nashville to get my Ranger boat wrapped. Had to be there at 8 Central Time. From there, I was off to Arkansas for the FLW Event and then off to another lake to shoot an episode of Still's Reel in the Outdoors. About  1700 miles give or take 50. Trust me, if you can't handle long nighttime drives, pick another vocation! My best friends are definitely my satellite radio and my GPS. And yes, the GPS, she does talk to me... and sometimes I talk back to her...

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who talked to that stupid box! "Recalculating!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...